Killam Memorial Library
Masks are required in all indoor classrooms and instructional spaces, supported by the high-quality ventilation standards set throughout the pandemic.
Masks continue to be welcome in other indoor spaces and are strongly recommended in libraries and learning commons as well as gathering spaces where physical distancing may be difficult (for example, hallways, lobbies and elevators).
All members of our Dalhousie community are expected to stay home when sick. Dalhousie has procedures in place to support students, faculty and staff in doing so.
FALL HOURS (effective Sept. 6)
8 a.m.*–11 p.m. (M–F)
10 a.m.–11 p.m. (Sat & Sun)
*Please note: Building opens 7:30 a.m. Monday–Friday with services starting at 8 a.m.
Friday, February 3 (Munro Day): 1–8 p.m.
Monday, February 20 (NS Heritage Day): 1–8 p.m.
Friday, April 7 (Good Friday): 1–8 p.m.
*Building opens 7:30 a.m. Monday–Friday with services starting at 8 a.m.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for general assistance or consult this list of services:
- Book a study room
- Laptop loans
- Chat live with a librarian (Live Help)
- IT Help Desk
- Reference & research assistance
- Liaison librarians (for in-depth reference assistance)
- GIS help
- Archives & Special Collections
- Brightspace support (technical assistance for faculty)
- Course eReserves
- Document Delivery (for access to materials not in the Dal Libraries collections)
- Records management
- Research Data Management (RDM)
The Killam is Dalhousie University’s largest library. With a million books and 40,000 journals, its collections cover the Faculties of Science, Arts & Social Sciences, Management and Computer Science. It is our busiest library and the largest academic library in the Maritimes.
Location & Services
Killam Memorial Library
6225 University Avenue
PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Maps to library
- Killam Library (Interactive Campus Maps)
- Location via Google Maps
In-person tours of the Killam Library are available by appointment. Email us (Killam.Library@dal.ca)
or phone (902) 494-3621.
Associate Dean Archives, Records Management, and Special Collections; Head, Killam Memorial Library: Sarah Stevenson
Library staff contacts
- Access Services: 902-494-3617
- Shhh Texts (noise complaints) 902-220-5318
- Document Delivery: 902-494-3612
- Killam Administration: 902-494-3621
- Fax: 902-494-2062
Services specific to Killam
The Killam’s collections specialize in the following research fields:
Subject Guides for all disciplines
- Online packages of resources created by subject specialist librarians.
Suggest a purchase for our collections
Follow our RSS feeds of new purchases
In 1965 a $30 million bequest of Dorothy Killam began the process of building a new University Library. Architect Leslie R. Fairn designed the new building. Construction on the Killam Memorial Library began in 1966 and was completed in 1971. Read the whole story.