COVID-19 Notice (September 18th update)
We are pleased to announce that the Document Delivery Service at the Dalhousie University Libraries has resumed processing borrowing and lending requests for physical items (books, DVD’s etc).
Though the service is back and we will endeavor to fill all requests that we receive we ask that you keep in mind that many libraries are still not lending from their print collections and those that are will still be operating at reduced staffing levels so it may be more difficult and may take longer to get requested items.
If you currently have an item that we borrowed for you through Document Delivery prior to the COVID-19 shutdown please arrange to return it to any of the Dalhousie Libraries:
Killam Library (University Ave, Studley Campus)
Kellogg Library (Tupper Building, Carleton Campus)
McRae Library (Truro)
If you have any questions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patron Request Form
- Patron Request Form Login Information and Troubleshooting
- 5 Minute Video “How To” Tutorial: Document Delivery
Distance Services for Dalhousie Students, Faculty & Staff
Living outside of the Halifax Regional Municipality for an extended period of time? Take advantage of our document delivery distance services.
5 Minute Video "How To" Tutorial: Document Delivery for Dalhousie Distance Students
Information about charges, delivery times, pickup, renewal etc.
- Article/Copy Requests: Delivery Method, Link Problems, Copy Limits
- Book/Loan Requests: Pickup, Loan Periods, Renewals, Overdues, Return, Lost or Damaged Items
- Charges for Document Delivery
- Document Delivery | Relais | Novanet Express: Which does what?
- Tracking & Cancelling Requests
- Types & Numbers of Requests, Delivery Times, Rush Requests
Information for other libraries, institutions or corporations on how they can obtain materials held at Dalhousie libraries.
Contact Document Delivery
If you have any questions regarding document delivery please contact the Department.