The staff from the GIS Centre is available to answer your questions while the physical location remains closed. Send us your general inquiries.
Other library services
New Services (in response to COVID-19)
- Book a study table, study room or computer workstation
- Curbside pickup
- Extended laptop loans
- Record your lectures on campus
- Temporary access to additional scholarly resources
Other Library Services
- Archives & Special Collections
- Brightspace support (technical assistance for faculty)
- Chat live with a librarian (Live Help)
- Course eReserves
- Document Delivery (for access to materials not in the Dal Libraries collections)
- GIS help
IT Help Desk (students)
- Liaison librarians (for in-depth reference assistance)
- Records management
- Reference & research assistance
- Research Data Management (RDM)
ArcGIS geospatial data acquisition and distribution
The GISciences Centre has licenses for a variety of geospatial datasets and can provide you with geospatial data most suitable to your needs. Our frequently-requested data sets and an overview of the types of data that is available can be found here:
- New - Data Download (requires being logged onto Dal Network or connected to Dal through VPN)
- Data download (Requires valid Dal NetID and password for access)
- Datasets held at the Centre
- Links to external datasets
Geospatial data analysis
Assistance in data manipulation, extraction and analysis from a variety of data resources.
We can work with you to help produce customized maps using your own datasets for inclusion in theses or journal publications for the Dalhousie community.
Project planning and development
Assistance in project development and implementation for thesis work, dissertations and faculty research projects.
Providing training for GIS and spatial analysis software to facilitate its understanding and use.
The Centre offers customized one-on-one, group or class training in using the software and data resources that you require. Contact us to set up an appointment.
GIS software, scanners, plotters and printers available in the Centre and across Dalhousie Libraries.
Helpful outside links to maps, GIS software, and other data resources.