Archives & Special Collections Reading Room
Fall term hours (starting September 7)
Monday–Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed on holidays.
5th Floor, Killam Memorial Library
6225 University Avenue
PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada B3H 4R2
On Site Services
- Reproduction Services and Fee Schedule
- Reference services
- Reserves - Researchers engaged in extended work may place materials on reserve.
Requests for access to archival materials must be made by 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Advanced notice is required for accessing audiovisual material and born-digital archives.
Other library services
New Services (in response to COVID-19)
- Book a study table, study room or computer workstation
- Curbside pickup
- Extended laptop loans
- Record your lectures on campus
- Temporary access to additional scholarly resources
Other Library Services
- Archives & Special Collections
- Brightspace support (technical assistance for faculty)
- Chat live with a librarian (Live Help)
- Course eReserves
- Document Delivery (for access to materials not in the Dal Libraries collections)
- GIS help
IT Help Desk (students)
- Liaison librarians (for in-depth reference assistance)
- Records management
- Reference & research assistance
- Research Data Management (RDM)