Wallace McCain Learning Commons
The Wallace McCain Learning Commons, along with other Dalhousie Libraries spaces, is open to everyone.
Students no longer need to book time to use library spaces! (Unless requesting a study room.)
You must wear a non-medical face mask.
Fall term hours (starting September 7)
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
Thursday, September 30 (National Day for Truth & Reconciliation)
Monday, October 11 (Thanksgiving Day)
Thursday, November 11 (Remembrance Day)
Services (in response to COVID-19)
- Students no longer need to book time to use library spaces! (Unless requesting a study room.)
- Extended laptop loans
- Temporary access to additional scholarly resources
Other Library Services
- Archives & Special Collections
- Brightspace support (technical assistance for faculty)
- Chat live with a librarian (Live Help)
- Course eReserves
- Document Delivery (for access to materials not in the Dal Libraries collections)
- GIS help
IT Help Desk (students)
- Liaison librarians (for in-depth reference assistance)
- Records management
- Reference & research assistance
- Research Data Management (RDM)
An outdoor entrance is located at the end of Lord Dalhousie Drive on Studley Campus. An indoor entrance is located on the 2nd floor of the Life Sciences Centre, in the corridor between the LSC and the Chemistry Building.
Science Librarian hours:
By appointment (Year-round)
Contact the librarians: