Instructions for institutions borrowing from Dalhousie (ILL)
Document delivery instructions for other libraries
These instructions are intended for libraries that wish to borrow material from Dalhousie Libraries. If you are a Dalhousie faculty, student, staff member and want to place a Document Delivery request please go to the Document Delivery Services and request form for Dal users.
How to order
- Obtain your user name and password: Contact Dalhousie Document Delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902-494-3612
- Go to the web form
- Fill in your user name and password (case sensitive).
- Select a function from the “Submit a new request” menu. “Copy” for a scanned or copied document (e.g. article, book chapter, etc.) or “Loan” for anything you wish to borrow (e.g. book, microfilm, etc).
- Supplying Library: This form is shared by the libraries of the Council of Atlantic University Libraries (CAUL) so you must indicate for which library your request is intended. Click on the arrow next to Supplying Library to access the drop down menu and click on the appropriate library (NSHD for all Dalhousie libraries).
- Fill out the form: Enter bibliographic information in the appropriate fields. Please include ISBN and ISSN numbers whenever possible
- System Number: if you found that Dalhousie held the item form Amicus, OCLC, etc. use the drop down menu in this field to indicate the source and enter the number.
- Your Local Request Number: Add your UNIQUE request number &/or your requester's name
- Notes field: Any information you wish to add about the request (e.g. “Please call for courier pick up” or “want only this edition”).
- Click the Copyright confirmation box.
- Submit: Click on "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. A confirmation number is generated and emailed to your registered email address.
How to view the status of your requests
Select the List All, List Open or Query options from the login screen or from the buttons at the top of the request forms.
- All requests - lists all your submitted requests
- Open requests - lists all your incomplete requests
How to renew, cancel or send a general message
To Renew, Cancel or send any other message to us about a request please contact us via the messaging service your ILL management system or contact us directly via email (email@example.com) or phone ((902) 494-3612). If contacting us directly please include our request number.
Contact Document Delivery
If you have any questions regarding document delivery please contact the Department directly: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org