Information about charges
Dalhousie & Atlantic University Library Faculty, Students & Staff
There are no document delivery fees for Dalhousie students, faculty and staff or CAUL affiliates as defined. However, a $20.00 non-refundable fee will be charged for any item which is not returned after overdue reminders have been sent. Replacement costs for lost or long overdue items are the responsibility of the requester. Dalhousie delinquent borrowers may lose their borrowing privileges. Delinquent CAUL affiliates will lose their borrowing privileges.
Regional Health Professionals, Off-Campus Borrowers & Other Canadian University Affiliates
There is no charge for items provided by Novanet libraries however provision of material is at the discretion of the Novanet library. The following charges apply for non-Novanet items. Please note that requests will not be sent to non-Novanet libraries without prior payment authorization. To expedite your requests indicate the amount you are willing to pay in the Maximum Charge field of the request form.
• $10.00 charge per item loaned by other Canadian (non-Novanet) libraries.
• $50.00 charge per item loaned by non-Canadian libraries.
• Charges are added to the borrower's Library account and can be paid at the Access Service Point at pickup.
• Urgent (same day) Surcharge $10.00.
• Courier delivery surcharge $10.00.
• $20.00 non-refundable fee will be charged for any item which is not returned after overdue reminders have been sent. Delinquent borrowers may lose their borrowing privileges.
• Replacement costs for lost or long overdue items are the responsibility of the requester.
• Payments may be paid by cash, debit, VISA or MasterCard.
|Items borrowed from Novanet libraries||No charge|
|Items borrowed from other Canadian (non-Novanet) libraries||$10.00/item|
|Items borrowed from non-Canadian libraries||$50.00/item|
|Urgent (same day) surcharge||$10.00|
|Courier delivery surcharge||$10.00|
|Overdue fee for items not returned after overdue notices sent||$20.00|
|Replacement costs||Determined by the lending library|