Keep what you've borrowed a little longer
Borrowed books and other materials may be renewed, provided they are not on hold for another patron or have not been billed as lost.
How to renew library materials
- Ask at the service point/circulation desk of any Novanet library or
- Use Novanet to renew materials.
Maximum number of renewals
- Law: 2
- Kellogg, Killam, MacRae and Sexton: 3
Using Novanet to renew loans
- Go to Novanet
- Click Sign in
- Enter your library barcode (this is the 14 digit number at the bottom of your Dalhousie student card)
- Password is the last 4 digits of your phone number or a pincode.
- Your name will appear in the navigation whn you successfully sign in
- Click My Account to access your record
- Click Loans under the My Account tab
- Select the item(s) to be renewed
- Click Renew Selected:
- If renewal is successful a yellow bar will appear saying, "The renewal request was successfully submitted".
- If the renewal is unsuccessful a yellow bar will appear saying, "Renew failed".