The systematic management and preservation of university records at Dalhousie is a new concept and many staff are unfamiliar with the records management policy and the program being developed to support its implementation.
This page will provide staff with links to all the resources that are being developed to assist them in the effective and efficient management of the records in their academic or administrative unit.
We will be adding regularly a series of documents, guides, videos and other useful tools to make your records management life a bit easier.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Records Classification and Creation
- Record Holds
- Preparing Records for Storage and Disposition
- Submission of Records Disposition Documentation
- Signing Authorities
- Authorizing Records for Disposition
- Transferring Records to the Archives
- Naming Conventions
- Disaster Management – Coming Soon
- Moving Boxes - Safe Work Practices
- Introduction to Records Management – Workshop slides
- Email Best Practice - Workshop slides
- How Long Do I Keep This Stuff? DalCLASS can help with that – Workshop Slides
- Introductions to Dalhousie University Records Management [02:47 video]
- 4 steps to Managing University Records [06:27 min video]
- Basics of Email Management [02:49 min video]
Records Containing Personal Information
Paper vs. Electronic Records
- Scanning Guidelines - Coming Soon