Distance services for students, faculty or staff working remotely
Distance library services are available to Dalhousie students, faculty and staff working off-campus for extended periods of time.
Dalhousie Libraries offer distance services to:
- Distance Students, registered in a Dalhousie Distance course or program
- Faculty teaching at a distance
- Students assigned to remote work placements
- Graduate students completing theses or dissertations at a distance.
DalCards, NetIDs, CAUL Cards: How to get set up to receive distance services from Dalhousie libraries.
Guide to requesting the delivery of materials, returning library materials, loan times and fees.
Video: Document Delivery for Distance Services
Library assistance and online resources
The Dalhousie libraries provide many ways for distance students to do online research or receive assistance from our librarians.
- Live Help: Chat with a librarian.
- Research tools: Guides to Library online resources.
- Off-campus access: Connecting to Dal Libraries’ electronic resources.
- Using the library: Video guides to services and resources.
- This video guide walks you through the steps of setting up and requesting distance delivery of materials from Dalhousie libraries.