Community Borrower Cards
Part of Nova Scotia's Borrow Anywhere, Return Anywhere program
Nova Scotia and New Brunswick residents who are 18 or older may use their current library card from any university library, public library, or community college library from across the provinces to borrow materials from Dalhousie libraries.
Get a community borrower card or register your public library card
If you do not currently hold a library card from any library in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick, you may obtain one free of charge in person at the Service Points/Circulation desks of any Dalhousie library. You can also register your public library card.
- When registering for a community borrower card in person, you are required to present two pieces of identification. One must include proof of current local address.
Library services for community borrowers:
- Loan periods may vary by collection.
- Renewals are available.
- Course reserve materials are not available for loan.
- Borrow and return material at any Novanet library.
- Document Delivery (Fees are charged on items requested from outside the Novanet Libraries).
- Return your materials to the most convenient participating location. For more information please visit BARA (borrow anywhere/return anywhere).