Mobility in Dalhousie University Libraries
Most of the floors of the Dalhousie Libraries are accessible to persons with mobility impairment.
Exception: The MacRae Library is not currently wheelchair accessible. For assistance, please contact the MacRae Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dunn Law Library: located on each floor of the Law Library
- Women's: 1st & 3rd floors
- Men's: 2nd & 4th floors
- 1st & 2nd floor of the Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB) Learning Commons
- Chapter House (temporary location to December 2016)
- Killam: Main and 2nd floor of the Killam library
- MacRae: basement level
- Sexton: main floor of the Sexton Library.
Retrieval of library materials
Access Services staff will retrieve inaccessible material from the stacks.
- Open stacks: available for pick-up within six working hours after submission of request(s).
- Closed-access storage areas: available within 24 hours (Monday - Friday) of submission of the request.
- Material not picked up within 48 hours will be reshelved.
Access Services staff will bring materials to the curb for you. Just email the location where you would like to arrange for curbside pick-up:
- W. K. Kellogg Health Sciences Library
- Killam Memorial Library
- MacRae Library
- Sexton Design & Technology Library
Renewal of library materials
People with mobility impairments may arrange with the Manager of Access Services to renew materials by telephone. Materials may also be renewed through Novanet.
Circulation staff will photocopy material for those unable to do so themselves (maximum of 100 pages per patron per day). Copies will be available for pick-up within 24 hours (Monday - Friday).
Fee: Patrons will be charged for copies at the regular rate of $0.10 per page.
Reserve collection access for Dalhousie students
Staff will either photocopy reserve material within one working day (at no charge) or extend the loan period for those who need more time.
Reference staff are happy to provide research assistance.
Seating in the library
If you require special seating arrangements while working in any of the Dalhousie Libraries, please ask the staff at the Access Services desk for assistance.
The Killam Library offers an adaptive workstation with Dragon Naturally Speaking in the South Learning Commons. Book a workstation. (Dal NetID required)
Advising & Access Services
The office of Advising & Access Services is located in Room G28, immediately to the right from the external doors of the University Ave entrance to the Killam Library. Call 902-494-2836 to reach them. Have you found part of the library inaccessible or thought of an accessibilty service we ought to provide? Tell us.