Tips for writing quality academic research papers
Term or research papers
- Term paper research [coming soon!]
- Choosing a research topic [coming soon!]
- Writing a term paper video (video tutorials):
- Making an argument (from Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- Developing a timeline (Assignment Calculator)
Dalhousie Writing Centres
Dalhousie Writing Centres help students cultivate ideas, develop strong organizational skills, and heighten creativity. Writing Centre tutors will help you articulate, clarify, and shape academic and non-academic written work.
Killam Library Learning Commons G40C
MacRae Library Learning Commons
Dalhousie Agricultural Campus
Writing guides by genre
- Abstract (from the University of Toronto)
- Annotated bibliography (from the University of Toronto)
- Book review
- Article critique (from University of Toronto)
- Lab report (from the University of Guelph)
- Literature Review (from the University of Toronto)
- Memo (from Purdue's Online Writing Lab)
- Outline (from Purdue's Online Writing Lab)
- Thesis Statement (from the University of Toronto)
When writing research papers, you enter into an academic dialogue. The importance of understanding the responsibilities the academic community places on you as a writer cannot be overstated.
- Bookmark Dalhousie’s Academic Integrity site. This site outlines the standards of of conduct that must be met.
- Watch Dalhousie Libraries' video tutorial on academic integrity.