The best way to organize your sources and citations
RefWorks is a web-based citation manager that allows you to compile, edit and format bibliographies by importing references directly from online databases or by entering them manually and inserting them into your finished paper in the citation style of your choice (eg. APA, MLA).
New RefWorks: An updated version of RefWorks is now available for use. It combines the current functionality of RefWorks with some great new features. To learn more about the New RefWorks interface and to sign up to try it, please visit this page. (The current version of RefWorks is still available and will be until early 2018.)
- To create an account, look for Sign Up For A New Account on the login page.
Guides and Help
- Webinars from RefWorks - one-hour online training sessions
- RefWorks YouTube channel (video tutorials)
- Importing references from Dal databases [PDF, 139 kB]
- RefWorks Quick Tips [PDF, 698 KB]
What RefWorks can do:
- Import references from databases using Import Filters or text files.
- Interact with MS Word to create formatted citations and bibliography in your paper. (Use One Line/Cite View for very portable papers, or Write-N-Cite 4 if you always write on the same computer.)
- Format your reference list in one of dozens of formats like APA or MLA, etc.
When writing research papers you enter into an academic dialogue. The importance of understanding the responsibilities the academic community places on you as a writer cannot be understated.