Research and Development
The Libraries as a "Living Laboratory"
The Digital Initiatives Group contributes to research and development in areas including digital humanities, digital forensics, digital publishing, research data management, and data services.
Most new digital initaitives require a certain amount of research and development for the project to be successful. The Libraries carries out this work in a variety of ways:
- Internships and practicum placements for students in the School of Information Management and other programs at Dalhousie and other institutions
- Grant-funded projects that fund placements for recent graduates seeking work experience in digital curation and preservation
- In-house software development and customization
- Special research projects
- Participation in local, regional, and national groups and organization (e.g., committees and working groups of the Canadian Association of Research Libraries)
Contact a member of our team if you are interested in contributing to our research and development activities!