Library Services during COVID-19 — we're here for you!
Please note that as of Wednesday, April 28, all Dalhousie Libraries locations are CLOSED for in-person bookings until further notice. More...
Let's do our part to keep our community healthy
- Wear a mask: Wear your mask in all indoor common spaces.
- Keep your distance: Stay 2 metres (6 feet) from others.
- Get tested: Even if you don’t have symptoms, you can help keep people safe by getting tested regularly.
- Wash your hands: Regularly wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Limit groups and gatherings: Keep your social group small and consistent and follow provincial gathering rules.
- Check yourself: Stay home if you feel sick, follow provincial testing protocols if showing symptoms of COVID-19, pay attention to potential exposure notices and self-isolate if required.
Services (in response to COVID-19)
- CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Book an appointment to browse the stacks (Dalhousie community only)
- CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Book a community research workstation (for alumni and community members to gain access to our electronic resources)
- CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Book a study table, study room or computer workstation
- Curbside pickup
- Extended laptop loans
- SERVICE UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Record your lectures on campus
- Temporary access to additional scholarly resources
- See our services flyer
Other Library Services
Document Delivery (request items from the Dalhousie Libraries' collections and beyond that you cannot access electronically)
Liaison librarians (for in-depth reference assistance)
Research Data Management (RDM)
IT Help Desk
Instructional Technology Support (Brightspace support for faculty and instructors)
Here's a message from the Dean of Libraries, Donna Bourne-Tyson, about what you can expect in the Dal Libraries this fall.