Find the right citation guide for your research paper.
APA (American Psychological Association) is the most commonly used style to cite sources in the social sciences.
Find a guide to:
MLA (Modern Languages Association) is the most common citation style for writing in the humanities.
The Chicago Manual of Style is used in disciplines in many disciplines that prefer using footnotes or endnotes to cite sources.
- Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition Quick Guide [Online]
- The complete Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition [Online]
- The complete Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition [Online]
Citing in the health professions
- Citing Medicine: NLM Style Guide for authors, editors and publishers
- Instructions to authors in the Health Sciences: Direct links to dozens of journal publishers instructions for publication
- Vancouver Style: Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals (2008)
- Help for students in health professions: Kellogg.Library@dal.ca