Evaluating Web Resources
Critically assess the quality of a website
The web holds a vast amount of information. Not all of it is reliable. Critically evaluating websites means stopping to think about where all that content comes from and who produces it. Anything can and will be published on the Web. Critical evaluation skills are essential to determine the value of the information.
- The Web should never be your only research source of information. There are many research resources in print and database formats that should be utilized as well.
- Any Web sites used for research must be cited in your paper. For help, link to style guides.
- Apply 6 criteria to evaluate a site
- Identify site types by url
- How to evaluate health websites