If you have trouble with research, academic writing or finding that perfect source among Dalhousie’s millions of books or articles, don’t worry: there is a library tutorial here to help.
Classes and workshops
Scheduled and on demand tutorials and workshops are offered at each library, covering a variety of research tools and methods.
- Request a class by contacting the appropriate library for your subject area.
Dalhousie University Librarians have pre-prepared a range of web tutorials you can access anytime. They cover all aspects of using the library, from services, to conducting research, using databases and citing sources. Find the full list of LibCasts: Online tutorials here.
- Introduction to Dalhousie libraries, collections and research
- Journal articles
- Get it @ Dal
- Defining scholarly journals
- Evaluating internet resources
Managing your information
- RefWorks is a web-based citation manager that allows you to compile, edit and format bibliographies.
- RefWorks tutorial
- Citing sources
- Anatomy of an APA citation
Writing a research paper
- Part one
- Part two