Course Reserves for Students
Course Reserves are materials instructors have selected for specific courses for students to access in preparation for future classes.
- Each Dalhousie Library manages the Reserve Collection for disciplines covered by that specific library.
- Reserve materials may include print or electronic books, textbooks, articles, examinations, casebooks, and other materials.
- Reserves often have a short loan period (a few hours, or a few days).
- Faculty members have the option of putting Reserve reading materials in BbLearn or on traditional Library Reserve.
Finding Reserve Materials in BbLearn*
Some faculty will choose to put their Reserve readings in their BbLearn course space. BbLearn is Dalhousie University’s online course content management system. If the readings are posted by the Library in BbLearn, they will be in the Content section of student course space. Students should consult their instructors if they have any difficulty finding their readings in BbLearn.
*Faculty of Agriculture students use Moodle instead of BbLearn.
Finding Reserve Materials in Novanet
- Instructor, e.g. Smith, John
- Course number, e.g. ENGL-1000
- Course name, e.g. Introduction to Literature
- Title begins with..., e.g. Elizabethan poetry
- Department, e.g. English
- Author (last name first), e.g. Dickens, Charles
- Subject begins with..., e.g. English literature
Write down the call number, or note the course number and whether the Reserve item is a photocopy or a professor’s copy. This information is in the Location column.
Retrieve all print Reserve items from the Circulation Desk in the appropriate library.
Electronic Reserve items will say ‘Online’ in the Location column. Click on the Title of the item and a URL will appear at the bottom of the record in the External field. The URL will begin with http://ezproxy.library.dal.ca/login?url=http://
Search for Archived Exams (Faculty of Agriculture students only)
Archived exams (previous course exams) are available through Moodle under "Library Reserve". The enrollment key is nsac2345. If the exam you wish is not listed, please contact your instructor.