Locations & Services
What's at each library and the services we offer
Dalhousie University’s libraries provide state of the art environments to explore the ever-expanding fields of human knowledge. Librarians offer a wide range of services to help you use the largest university library system in the Maritimes.
- Focus: Dentistry, Medicine and Health Professions
- Health databases: Pub Med, CINAHL, evidence-based resources & more.
- Literature Search Services
- Focus: Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences and Management
- Dalhousie University Archives
- Writing Centre
- GIS Centre and Maps Collection
- Special Collections
- Focus: Agriculture, Sciences, Food Industry and related disciplines
- Agricultural Databases: AGRIS, Biological & Agricultural Index, CAB Abstracts and more
- Writing Centre
- Focus: Engineering, Architecture, Planning and related disciplines
- Tour the Sexton Library
- Focus: Law, International Law, Marine and Environment Law and Criminology
- Legal Databases: Lexis, Westlaw and more
- Located at the end of Lord Dalhousie Drive as part of the Life Sciences Centre link, the McCain Learning Commons holds 265 students in individual and group settings for personal study, research and group discussion.
- Located in the Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB), the Kellogg Library Learning Commons holds 400 students in individual and group settings for personal study, research, group discussion, collaboration and social interaction. December 1st marked the official opening of the CHEB, the Learning Commons facility will opened for use at the beginning of January 2016.
- Reference & Research Services
- Document Delivery
- Distance Services
- Course Reserves for Faculty
- Course Reserves for Students
- Off-campus access
- Wireless service