Atlantic Canada's largest collection of paper maps and atlases
Dalhousie University Libraries has kept a map collection for 30 years and now features one of Atlantic Canada's largest holdings of paper maps and atlases. Map Collection staff provide reference and research services to support the needs of students, faculty and the general public.
Second Floor, Killam Memorial Library
6225 University Avenue
P.O. Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Monday to Friday: 9:00am to Noon, 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
- Phone: (902) 494-3757
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Map Collection materials do not circulate, although advance requests to view materials may be made to the Curator.
- Federal depository: Dalhousie is a depository for federal maps of Canada
- City plan maps: City planning maps at various scales.
- Historical maps: Significant historical maps of Canada.
- Geological maps: Bedrock and surficial geological maps for Canada.
- Topographic and road maps
- Atlases: regional, international, and thematic subjects.
- Cartographic Reference Material: gazetteers, distance tables, catalogues.
- Read about our collections in more detail.
The Map Collection Room, on the second floor of the Killam, offers both a comfortable, quiet workspace and a variety of resources for you to do cartographic work.
Map Collection staff provide services for the Dalhousie University Community and the general public.
We no longer offer this service in Map Collection. This Service is now available at the Killam Learning Commons.